[Bradford] Monday 20th meeting

Laurence Horrocks-Barlow laurence at qsplace.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 13:33:32 UTC 2014

*wrt is the reason most of these routers were spare, however I stopped
using *wrt based devices for routing about 5 years ago as they used to
pop/reset/otherwise do funky things. Instead I started bridging the
connection to IPCOP on a old desktop and now currently pfsense on a
modified watchguard firebox, I then use dedicated wireless AP's or
"de-routered" devices with just the AP/switch enabled.
If anyone's adventurous or a bit of a nutty geek it's worth a play.

This is why I have a few ADSL routers kicking about, mainly
thomson/technicolor iirc but I do believe I have the odd d-link with
ddwrt and a linksys (If they didn't go with the last clear-out).

-- Lauz