[Cumbria] Convert from windows to Linux

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Dec 10 15:25:01 2002

> Hello Cumbira :o)
>
> To help in the conversion process try this program -
> gift.sourceforce.net - and put your windows file sharing in the bin.
> File sharing is one of the few things i still use windows for, but this
> program is great and another step to removing windows form my pc (still
> remaining is DVD backup, video editing/encoding and games).  I think
> mplayer and k3b (kde cd writer) will fix the first two, but i dont know
> how far the linux version of UT2003 is, but give me that and i'll bin
> of windows.

For video editing, try Cinelerra: http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3

UT2003 for Linux was available simultaneously with the windows version, in
fact it comes in the same box! (Look on disk 3). I've found to be only
slightly slower than the windows one, but just as playable (yet strangely
less playable than the original UT regardless of platform, but that's for
another forum...)

You could also give Transgaming's WineX a go...
--
Schwuk