[Cumbria] re the RH SuSe 'discussion'

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 10:27:00 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Schwuk wrote:

> I would recommend OS X to anyone, in fact I did recommend it to Dave
> Latimer at the meeting, but the main problem with it is the (not
> insignificant) (re)investment for hardware. I know that Dave has spent
> quite a bit on his computer, and, quite sensibly, does not want to waste
> that.

Yeah, Apple really need to get a cheapish (=A3400/500) box on the shelves,
even which takes standard SVGA monitors, to swallow up some major market
share. And though there's been some talk of OSX coming to x86 eventually,
it'll still only work on Apple-branded hardware and not be the kinda thing
we can all just throw on our systems at a whim. Ah well!

--=20
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk