[Cumbria] re the RH SuSe "discussion"

Roger Cope cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 19:36:16 2003

I think you need to compare like with like. The official Microsoft support
newsgroups have always been very helpful when I've needed them (I know that
many of the MVPs are independent but Microsoft have always treated them as
part of the family) and the online patching site that now exists is as good
as the RedHat equivalent.

It is, of course, impossible to get sense from emailing a Microsofty or
trying to actually talk to them on the 'phone but that may be more due to
the tragic effects of being a huge corporation rather than deliberate bad
manners.

On the other hand, the marketing side of the company, which rules it and
from which most all the FUD and butt-headedness comes from, I would happily
nuke.