[Cumbria] My Word!!!

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 10:26:00 2003

Ken Hough said:
> Not so. Last meet we spent time trying to sort out SAMBA for one
> member.

SAMBA is not required for a desktop. It *may* be a requirement for a
networked environment, which in turn implies the 'big systems' you keep
mentioning, which in turn implies that some Sys. Admin is involved. So,
instead of helping a 'normal user', you (& Roger IIRC) spent the last
meeting doing what you have accused us of doing, which ironically we
haven't. There has been no talk on these lists of the configuration of
*services* outside of some X related talk and one request of help on
Procmail.
I restate my point that until someone says otherwise, we all have running
desktops, and to cover the installation of one would not be beneficial to
any *current* member or the group as a whole.
--
Schwuk