[cumbria_lug] Mandrake 9.2

Michael Saunders mike at aster.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 22:23:38 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Schwuk wrote:

> 3) They've just proved how 'Well tested' it is by refusing to do the
> last test release (due just the other day) until a 'siginificant
> issue' has been resolved

Yep, FC 1 was supposed to be ready on Mon but this issue popped up.
Still, I'm not sure how much the delay was due to RH's QA though, or
that they did something daft... They don't seem to have given a reason
on the mailing list yet.

I reckon it was some kind of trademark/distribution/copyright issue,
or perhaps they rolled in the infamous LG-drive-destroying packet
writing code and didn't want to admit that they did a Mandrake :)

> I still have high hopes for Fedora...

Ditto, but personally I'm being cautious for now...

Mike

--
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk