[cumbria_lug] DSL and Moving up to Penrith

trevor at haven.demon.co.uk trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 12:14:18 BST 2004

alists at vertebrate.co.uk wrote:
> Hi people.
>
> I've been lurking for a while now as I'm a member of the Brighton LUG
> and me and my partner Tommy are moving up to Askham (just south of
> Penrith) in just under a fortnight. I wanted to make sure you don't
> bite before I present myself ;)
Hey, hi there,  I've been lurking latley too as I have just been too busy to post.

> A little scared right now as we don't really know anyone up there and a
> 345 mile move is just a *little* daunting, but the main thing freaking
> me out is being without DSL again for the first time in years.
It's a big move alright

> So I was wondering how you guys (including fellow females;) are finding
> broadband up there. The Askham exchange isn't enabled until 10th Nov so
> we're going to have 3 weeks on a modem (It'll do me good I'm sure,
> there's those mountains out back). has the roll out been good up there
> so far? Are BT being prompt at getting the exchanges online and people
> switched on?

The roll-out was patchy and some exchanges still haven't been done.  Where available the service is fairly good.

> Anyway sorry to go on. I'm a bit excited, or is that nervous ;)

Go on, we need a bit of a jump start sometimes.  Be excited there's no need to be nervous, really !

Welcome to our little corner of the U.K. too.  Will you be attending meetings, if we ever get another one organised that is ?

> Cheers
>
> Angie

Trevor,
trevor at haven.demon.co.uk,