[cumbria_lug] Problem booting linux after Win XP reinstall on adual boot machine

Mark Andrews mark at preciousangel.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 00:01:57 BST 2004

You'll have to forgive me as I really am a linux newbie but I get some of
what's happened...basically when you installed WinXP again it was greedy and
wanted to take over the computer, consequently it removed grub from ya first
drive. I think ya need to get some sort of bootdisk to boot into linux and
then you can setup grub again from there...I know there is an option to boot
linux from a floppy but don't know how to do it. Maybe ya do or some other
geek can help...
Oh and yes I am a geek...I'm not a nerd but I am a geek.

Mark ><>