[cumbria_lug] SENDER-ID

Ian Linwood ian_linwood_clug at dinwoodie.freeuk.com
Mon Sep 6 23:55:38 BST 2004

Hello ,

Noticed that group traffic has been zero for about a month :-(.
I hold my hand up and plead guilty to lack of contribution. But here
goes;

What are the groups thought on this little fiasco.

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg04260.html
http://www.apache.org/foundation/docs/sender-id-position.html

As I've tried to discuss in this group before, there are other freely
available alternatives that would probably work better.

IMO, it is obvious that SMTP/POP, et al. require a major overhaul,
this will probably mean some kind of key verification, but it should
be open and free. This is the entire ethos of the internet. When will
companie$ realise that commoditisation of the internet is not on.

--
Best regards,
 Ian