[cumbria_lug] Vanished...

Dave Murphy dave at schwuk.com
Mon Sep 22 19:24:03 UTC 2008

...like an old oak table...

So it would seem that our fabled website - http://cumbria.lug.org.uk -
was one of the casualties of the lug.org.uk upgrade.

I won't shed too many tears, because it was hardly a masterpiece, but
it would be nice to have some sort intarweb presence just in case
anyone wants to, you know, join or something.

Since the whole "design by committee" thing rarely works, here's what
I'm going to do:

Set up a wiki.

There you go. It's brilliant I tell you, sheer genius.

We could go with a blog, or we could go with a forum, or we could just
go with a static site, but seeing as I spend most of my time in wiki's
these days (Moinmoin for anyone who cares, mainly for compatibility
with the other wiki's I use, but I do like Dokuwiki) that's what I
think we should use.

Obviously we've got the whole potential spam problem with a wiki, but
that's a) what authentication helps with (OpenID is shiny) and b) where
you lot come in.

So unless I hear a compelling argument against setting a wiki up, that
is what I shall do on Wednesday (just to give people a chance to
respond if they want).

/me sits back and waits for the apathy to set in... :)

--
Dave Murphy - http://schwuk.com
Get in touch - http://schwuk.com/contact