[cumbria_lug] Ubuntu 9.04 -> 9.10 upgrade failure warning

trevor at haven.demon.co.uk trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 11:33:13 UTC 2009

I am back on line after dallying in the text-psychedelic world of 9.10, I guess it shows the need for some changes to 'apt-get' since we can 'upgrade' it shouldn't be too difficult to implement a 'downgrade' option.  Come to that wouldn't it be an idea if we could just do...

apt-get install [Debian|Fedora|Ubuntu|Slackware|Mandriva|RHEL|Kubuntu|Windows7]

Perhaps we should organise a 'Ubuntu9.10 upgrade rescue party'?

Mark observed that some think 3rd party apps may have a hand in this debacle, I must put my hand up and say I do install software on my computer, it makes it useful.

I'm even considering abandoning Nvidia for ATI if I can check that ATI drivers work on large mem 64 bit systems, Nvidia drivers currently kill my system. If I do I have a 1GB PCIe SLI-ready twinview nvidia card I'll be getting rid of.

If anyone has a PCIe2 ATI card I could test I would be grateful...

Trev.

// Cumbria mailing list                                \\
// Cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk                          \\