[cumbria_lug] Sci-Fi Meet-up... Yay or nay?

Hassan "Haz" Williamson haz at hazrpg.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 13:05:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

How's everyone doing this morning... seems after a few lovely warm and sunny
days, the weathers gotten dull again... however I there is some plans of a
possible meet-up brewing in the #ubuntu-uk side of the pond (sort of speak).

Some ideas have been floating around about setting up a meet in London. A
date hasn't been set yet, and it still currently being discussed, etc...
However I thought I'd just pass the information that is known for now.

The British Library, is hosting a Sci-Fi exhibit @ the PACCAR Gallery in
London between Fri 20 May 2011 - Sun 25 Sept 2011. Its free entry, and we
might do something afterwards (pub, meal, etc possibly?). I think it might
be a fun little trip, and a great excuse for a meet-up.

I do understand that London is a bit out of the the sticks for most of us
here in Cumbria, however we could start up like a car-pool thing to get down
and it could be quite fun.

So far a date hasn't been picked, nor has any activities been planned...
however the Exhibit is on for about 3-4 months, so gives us plenty of time
to jot some ideas and plan something around it. I know daubers is going to
be starting up a doodle post for putting up ideas/dates/etc onto, and I'll
be sending that link out to you guys when its up.

- For more information on the Exhibit you can find it here:
http://www.bl.uk/whatson/exhibitions/outofthisworld/outofthisworld.html
- And if you'd like to read up about the discussion we had, it can be found
at the last meeting minutes here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/LastMeeting just
look for the title: "Daubers - British Library Sci-Fi Exhibition".

P.S. Before I sign off, I just thought we should maybe get some ideas going
round... what do you guys think about this idea? When would you be able to
go? Etc... Hope everyone is doing well, and look forward to seeing some of
your thoughts.

--
Regards,
Haz