[cumbria_lug] CLUG meetings suspended

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 08:04:00 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I think we do suffer from the age old problem of the north/south divide
of Cumbria. There's been enough chatter in the past about this to know
it is a real issue. Our county is just too big! Even for me, living in
Windermere, to get to Barrow is 45 minutes. I can get to the north side
of Preston in that time.

Maybe it's time to think about alternating venues and maybe having them
scheduled two months in advanced, as mentioned, using a calendar.

Maybe there generally isn't enough interest or commitment to do a
meeting every month or so. In that case we could direct our attentions
to something like a quarterly meeting. With those timescales we can make
some bigger plans and maybe attract guest speakers or give tutorials or
such.

I'm happy to help where I can if this makes any sense.

Regards, Mark.