[cumbria_lug] 28th August CLUG Meeting

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 08:09:22 UTC 2011

Hassan \"Haz\" Williamson wrote:

>See I'd love to run a workshop, but I'm worried that I'll pick a
>topic that many of the people here probably already know about.

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

At ManLUG we're getting back into full stride after a gap - Man Uni
closed the rooms we used to use "for a couple of months" for
refurbishment, after a year and a half we found a new home at Madlab.
We're still a smallish group, and we've have been talking about a
variety of stuff - even if a talk starts out as a short presentation,
it usually ends up as a group discussion with plenty of topic drift !

So I'd say go for it, have a short talk/presentation on something you
know about - and see how it goes. No-one knows everything, so amongst
you there will be people who know a particular nugget of knowledge,
and others who don't - a short talk can set the theme and then a
general "chit chat" gives the people the opportunity to share around
that theme.
--
Simon Hobson