[dundee] new member

chris wyllie cgwyllie at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 30 21:20:05 BST 2007

Hey, although you claim to have no experience or much knowledge, I'd beg to
differ. You mention that you've got a working cedega plus games! Erm, what
games may I ask?

This is something I'm quite interested in (making cedega work). So far I've
only ever tried the CVS version which I know is a bit behind the commercial
version and I've never had any luck. I just downloaded the time demo for
5.13 the other week but when updating my graphics drivers, managed to break
them...

It has something to do with the kernel but I'm outta my depth fixing it,
time for a quick reinstall methinks. (I run elive which, according to the
site, has a few variations on the kernel and using stuff not outta their
repos can damage it. The suggestion on their site is a reinstall.)

But anyway, there's only one game I want to make work with cedega, and
that's guildwars. It's even officially supported heheh.

Maybe you'd reply or consider talking a little about what
distros/drivers/cedega versions/games you've found successful? Or even both
:) (Sorry I realise you said you're currently on ArchLinux).

Looking forward to hearing from you,
  Chris