[dundee] Network bandwidth

Paul Lancaster paul_lancaster at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 19:00:49 GMT 2007

Hi all

Ive now installed my Gigabit switch, and in three m/c's a Gigabit NIC.
Only down side is i'm only getting approx 6Mbit (5%)transfer rate.
I have managed to get 11Mbit/sec between two WinXP m/c's. after manually
selecting 1000 Full Duplex.
I cant find a similar option within PCLinux
All transfers via SMB - SMB server running on PClinuxOS

Cards in use
TP-Linx TG-3269 RTL 8169   - 2 off
Marvel Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010  chip set integrated on m/board

TP link Gigabit Switch with Cat5E cabling

Any hints on how to improve performance, or is the best I can expect.

Paul