[dundee] De Linuxing my laptop

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:12:47 GMT 2007

"As a side note, vista will be completely wiped from the machine upon
return! *hurrrah!*"

be sure of that.   the standard army of rootkit underhanded secret installs
n stuff from m$ can be really pesky to get out once they dig in even once.
u know there are many multiple secret hidden filing system types beyond
fat16, fat32 and ntfs that bindoze uses...  but we're not supposed to know
about that.   get yourself one of those "Military Grade" disk wipers...
anyone know what the common tux friendly tools are for such a task?  is it
something standard with all linux distros?

http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com/content/whatsbad.shtml

i expect vista will be laden with even more such heinous criminal breaches
of trust and privacy hidden under it's draping big wads of bloat.
still.... its a nice feature its got to enable the user to use usb flash
drives as a RAM boost.   u can get 8 gig disks these days right?    how many
usb2 slots yer puter got?   ... it makes ya wonder.   n i gotta ask the same
question here... what's the linux version of that?   i'm sure some smart
open source hacker fanatic has had his ram augmented just so for some time
too now.

On 26/11/2007, <3 <sauntering.with.scissors at gmail.com> wrote:

> Its good to know their official stance on it, but i think ill play it safe
> for the time being.
>
> The guy at my 'local' repair center had said that if software was found to
> be the cause of the overheating problem (which it clearly isnt, as it runs
> much better under linux than vista!) then i would have to pay for their
> time. And if i get a brainwashed M$ geek looking at my laptop, he/she might
> just be pissy enough to blame linux for the problem.
>
> So im playing it safe and not giving them any excuses!
>
> As a side note, vista will be completely wiped from the machine upon
> return! *hurrrah!*
>
> On Nov 26, 2007 3:26 PM, David Thornton Snr < davidthorntonsnr at yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jen, Taken from their web site. Nowhere in the warranty does it state
> > or mention MS os.
> >
> > Limited Warranty on Data Storage Media
> > The warranty on data storage media products is limited. During a period
> > of six months after the
> > purchase, Fujitsu Siemens Computers will replace any data carrier that
> > turns out to be physically
> > defective upon delivery if it was supplied with the product by Fujitsu
> > Siemens Computers. Software
> > itself is not the object of the warranty.
> >
> > Dave

The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is
not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari. It speaks in the
language of hope; It speaks in the language of trust; It speaks in the
language of strength, and the language of compassion. It is the language of
the heart and the language of the soul. But always, it is the same voice. It
is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, And the voice of our
inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: We
are one. No matter the blood; skin; world; star; We are one. No matter the
pain; darkness; loss; fear; We are one. Here, gathered together in common
cause. we agree to recognise this singular truth, and this singular rule:
That we must be kind to one another, because each voice enriches us and
ennobles us, and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the
Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better
future. We are one.