[dundee] Fedora Core 3 htree error

Alan S Frost alan at biziserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 08:00:55 BST 2007

Hi all respondees,

Thank you all for for your advice, recommendations and guidance.  I have
been searching high and low for the cause since the last post and have
finally deduced the cause!

Human Error - on my part.

I did a remote ssh login to the server and forgot to 'su' to root to
modify the /etc/hosts.deny file therefore I had the wrong permissions. Duh!

For a horrible few moments I thought the server had been violated -
nasty thought - won't go there!

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Alan