[dundee] b44 drivers

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 18:30:26 BST 2007

packet injection? sound painful ;-)

you got any debug output on this one?

dmesg / var/log etc etc etc.

you maybe be able to out the driver into debug mode,
and get some sense on what's it's doing.

try putting into debug mode, then put at lot of stress
on the network but doing

ping -f

you'll need to be root, if you want to load the network with
packets.  that's should make the problem more reproducible,

azmodie <azmodie at gmail.com> wrote:
i found a source online that  not just makes it easier to install but also enables packet injection
which for the guys on the Ehthical hacking course may find usefull as packet injection is needed for using aircrack.

Tutorial :   http://www.linux-geek.org/index.php/2007/06/17/injection-capable-bcm43xx-driver-2620-16-generic-kernel/

Kris.
On 9/19/07, Nistur < nistur at googlemail.com> wrote:Hmmm, very odd thing has happened. Windows works better than Linux. Not
really, it's just my broadcom ethernet adapter in my laptop's playing
up. On our network it just decides to die every now and then, I get
about 5 minutes of internet-y goodness before all pings get returned to
sender. As I said, nothing actually physically wrong with the adapter as
it doesn't die at all under 'doze and it's not the linux install either
as I've stuck a wifi AP on the same cable and have been up for 3 hours
using ipw3945. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Nistur
PS I have never actually used the b44 adapter under linux until now, so
it may not be anything I've done any time recently.

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk

--
Umbrella Corporation :-
"They are the fear within all of that there is a company. The Corporation controlling everything that is Umbrella.