[dundee] Taylug Weekly Articles 8 - POMS

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Wed Feb 6 00:46:58 GMT 2008

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:52:38 +0000, Gary Short wrote:

> Tim Spencer wrote:
> > i just read over thias again and i must say that i fully agree with
> > > robert so rather then explain again what the limitations of the
> > > point gary has > made are i would like to ask you (gary) to
> > > establish new points to this > argument so this can really be an
> > > argumnet.
>
> LOL, that's not the way it works Tim, you can't say I don't agree
> with your points, so make some new ones. I believe that the best way
> to educate kids is to provide teachers (that's what all the developed
> countries do).

There seems to be a misunderstanding that the laptops are to replace
(or to be instead of teachers). Don't know where this comes from, but
as far as I'm concerned that's not the case.

There may be situations in some really rural places where there are 1 or
2 children and having a teacher just for them isn't practical.

On the whole the laptops are to supplicant teacher lead education. They
are also just as much about the children *creating* content as
consuming it. I think that point it really understated.

Andrew