[dundee] Image hard drive to file

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Mon Feb 25 01:21:49 GMT 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:13:26 +0000 (GMT), Lee Hughes wrote:

> , how much consistency your after?
>
> I like 100% , 100% of the time..

Maybe not.. perhaps on a compromised system unmounting the file system
could have undesired effects, you just want to grab an image as it is
for analysis.

> Sorry to jump down your throat on this issue, but your wrong.
> I guess it comes from the days I ran (and still do) run servers.
>
> but what I'm saying is, it works, but it hasn't , so it can't be
> done...

I think you'll find that boot.img I created is perfectly fine.

> to all users on list, don't try this at home, unless you are
> a) very silly
> b) wanting to prove me wrong.

Think I already have. I can even give you my boot.img for you to check
over...

> both, are valid reasons...
>
> but don't come running to me, when you break both legs from jumping
> out of windows....

Unless you are a doctor, no I probably wont.

Andrew