[dundee] Installation of Linux

Arron Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 21 11:46:43 UTC 2009

Hi Sabine, and everyone else

I have an idea that may help.  You should be able to make Vista and
Linux co-exist it can be tricky if you have never done anything like
this before but why do we not start a drop in session to help people
like your self.  A lot of people on this list have indicated that an
install fest is something they would like, personally i think it is a
limited value to a crew of Linux junkies (or is that stone head???)
however we could organise a Wednesday evening to meet up in the HMC
and then any of us that want a hand in installing linux, or figuring
out that naggling bug can come along and we can try and help out.

Couple of prerequisites of course, some people that have a linux
problem (i mean it could be any type of problem, we may not be able to
help with your love life however we all could have a good chuckle),
some people who like solving linux problems, some geeks with projects
that would like a couple of other linux geeks on hand for when it all
goes foobar, and of course a location.  I'm sure if we ask Donna at
the HMC she would be more than happy to help, and of course i'm sure
that having a little drop in workshopy thing may inspire some people
that are interested in using linux, but not so sure about coming to a
meeting.

If no one is interested in the above, then Sabine give us a shout of
list and i'll give you a hand.

Arron