[dundee] Change of Distro - light blue touchpaper and retire

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 28 15:47:48 UTC 2009

2009/2/28 Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk>

> performance? I get better performance with openvz then I do with a stock
> kernel!!!

When I did kernel testing performance a couple of years ago I found that the
stable OpenVZ kernels outperformed the native kernels (kernels 2.6.15,2.6.16
& 2.6.18), the Open VZ testing kernels were slightly behind the native
kernels proving that the developers of the OpenVZ kernels were optimizing
the coding paths during the testing and development resulting in better
performance for the stable releases in comparison to the native kernels.

Gordon