[dundee] TayLug - light blue touchpaper and don't retire...

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 01:54:05 UTC 2010

On 26 November 2010 00:54, Chris Wilson <afrowildo at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi there,
>
> I've only been a part of this list for literally a few hours and I can't
> seem to find a the previous messages in this thread in the archives, so
> please forgive me if I speak out of line or go over something that's already
> been concluded.
>
> From what I gather the email I just read from James in response to Rick
> Moynihan, there's a discussion about whether TayLUG should be a student-run
> University-affiliated organisation or an independent entity with the
> freedoms that entail. Am I correct in that assumption, and if so, what's the
> catalyst for this discussion? Has something happened recently that's
> highlighted the weaknesses of the current system?
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Hi Chris,

welcome to the mailinglist.

I believe this is the start of the thread your looking for.
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/dundee/2010-November/008611.html

currently in a nutshell - abertay linux society runs meetings and events.
the Taylug provides the mailing list.

hopes this helps clarify a little.

Kris