[Gllug] DVD burning

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Fri May 28 12:09:38 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am trying to burn some DVDs under Linux and having a bit of a problem.
  Every time I write a disk in k3b or manually with the growisofs
command (both simulate and real) the disk gets all but the last few MB
written to it (it is a Fedora Core 2 DVD iso).  The disk is readable,
but the MD5 sums do not match those of the original images.  I have
tried the Pioneer DVR-107D and the NEC ND2500a and have exactly the same
problem with both of them (tried using Fedora Core 1 & 2).  Needless to
say, they both work under windows (I had to find my windows HD to test
this) :(  Both of the drives write CDs perfectly.  I have googled but
not found any specific information about these drives or this particular
problem.  Anyone any ideas?

Also, what drives have people on the list had luck with?

Thanks
Will.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk