[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 09:24:46 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Panos Savvas <pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've been using freedome2surf for the last 3 years, with my account
> following me from address to address.
> Most of the time service is good with occasional 'low bandwidth' days, but
> these are rare.

I've been with them for 10 years or so. It used to be the case that
I'd recommend them without hesitation, but that's no longer the case.
Before the Pipex buyout, the service was unsurpassed, but the
technical support department was woefully understaffed. That wasn't a
problem because the service was so good.

After the buyout, the service has deteriorated terribly. The tech
support is now better in as much as they answer the phone quickly
these days. But they're utterly useless when it comes to fixing
problems.

My ADSL line has been down since yesterday, and they were reluctant to
even log it as a problem until I insisted. It's still down[1] as far
as I know...

Tet

[1] The router cycles between reporting the state as "down",
"handshaking" and "training".

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk