[Gllug] Missing emails

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 22:22:26 UTC 2007

Hello,
   Not sure whether my ISP is getting over enthusiastic about rejecting junk
emails, but the number of emails received this week was well below average,
and at least a couple of emails in the archive have not been delivered here.
I hope they have not been bounced. I know that there is a lot of junk around
at the moment, one person complained to the ISP about 2000 junk emails that
had squeezed past the ISP filters in one day, but was then told that about
4000 addressed to him had been rejected by the ISP in the same period.
   You may be interested in this research paper about junk emails.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rnc1/forwarding.pdf

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk