[Herts] rant

Tony Friis tony-lug at friis.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 22:10:14 GMT 2006

Dear Jac & Richard

Please accept my sympathy for your loss. I feel very sad that this could
happen to anyone, I'm sure that losing a child must be devastating. I
have three daughters of my own and certainly any difficulties they have
are keenly felt, never so much though as you must be feeling.

With my love and sympathy

Tony Friis

Also -

I'm sorry too that the thread I started should have reached this point.
I'm sure brigsy must have felt bad at the time he wrote his comment, it
rather brought to a halt the discussion.
If people read the original post they may find that it wasn't just a
whinge. I was of course disappointed at the turnout, though as has been
pointed out, it shouldn't have been unexpected.
The first half of my post covered the background, trying to explain the
efforts some of us are making to improve the group, and the whole
intention was to get positive comment, which much of it was. Looking
back, I see my post was too negative (and the title didn't help) but I
still hope that efforts can be made to keep the group active and grow.

A recent post was unfortunate, but it does go to show that we do not all
know each other as well as we might, I'm sorry about that, but thank you
for explaining, as I now remember meeting you both and enjoying the
occasion. I didn't feel a comment was appropriate when I wasn't sure who
you were.

I think this thread has now served its purpose, and I shall make no
further posts to it. By all means let us consider where the group might
go. But not in this thread.

Thankyou.