[Hudlug] html to rtf

daveyp hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 30 22:42:31 2003

Hiya Anne

There's plently of nice Perl modules for reading/parsing HTML and
writing to RTF out there - try searches for HTML and RTF on
www.cpan.org.  A HTML=>RTF parser shouldn't be too hard to knock
together and there's a good chance than a Perl monger out there might
have already done it.

As part of my job I've been writing a parser to do the opposite -
convert RTF into HTML using Perl.  Still not quite 100% there, but
the RTF spec is a horrible mess these days (points wagging finger in
Microsofts direction).

If you get stuck for an app, give me a shout and I'll see if I can
cobble something together.

daveyp