[Hudlug] linux objectives

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 22 21:13:41 GMT 2006

Hi Ben!
I have thought of goals I would like to meet as regards Linux on my
Desktop when you visit the flat.
1 obviously a Linux installation and to get it up-to date.
2 Both Orca and Speakup with possibly a better synthesiser than
Festival, something a bit more comparable to Eloquence which is a bit
more human sounding which I use in Windows.
3 If I can achieve the first two depending on time, a working Internet
setup with a text browser if it will take too long to download the
Nightly build of Firefox 3 which the Orca team are working on.
I think these 3 are my main aims as I should be able to access my email
via the web until I can set up email unless you get me up with Linux,
Speakup and a more clearer software synthesiser and expect me to add
changes myself ie downloading Internet Browser, setting up Evolution etc
but it depends on the time you have.