[Hudlug] drive didn't partition

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 29 15:34:19 GMT 2006

The drive didn't partition for my Linux installation, it seemed to stop
churning about 12 last night but when dad looked before 12, no progress and
when I suggested he press CTRKL just to see if a screensaver was covering
the screen, the drive went back to churning away, again seeming to do
nothing.
I think there maybe a bug on the installer of the desktop CD which might be
why I not only can't run an installation with speech but also why my drive
seems to churn around like it is doing something but appearing to be stuck
at the same point.
Obviously the lack of memory isn't a problem so it must be something else as
regards the Ubuntu installer itself.
I think I need to use the Alternative CD.