[Hudlug] blank hard drive

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 30 19:25:19 GMT 2006

Has anyone got a spare hard drive which they don't need I can have which is
totally blank that I can use as an extra drive for dual booting as I am
trying to run both Windows XP for some games that only appear to work under
Windows XP and Ubuntu Edgy?
Ben has been to my flat twice to try and get my Desktop PC to Dual Boot, the
first time it stook during the repartitioning stage even though it was left
on over night and the next morning there was still no kind of progress, he
used the Desktop CD and today he tried again, he manually created the
partitions, he used both the Desktop and Alternative CDs for Edgy and grub
refused to install on the hard drive he brought.
Would be glad of an extra drive as we don't seem to be having much luck and
Ben suggested I try and obtain a drive which is blank which hasn't been
repartitioned in the hope we can Dual Boot in February.