[Hudlug] a suggestion for Gnopernicus

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 25 04:25:58 GMT 2006

I suppose to get the ball rolling as regards accessability to linux one idea
for Gnopernicus could be a setup for a laptop layout as I have been told
that Gnopernicus could be difficult as regards use with a laptop because of
the lack of a Numeric keypad as the keys for Gnopernicus are on various
layers acording to what I have heard.
Maybe if there is some kind of setup in the menus there could be a choice
for Desktop or laptop layout which is something which Windows screenreaders
have or even a menu where the user could define their own keystrokes.
As I am not sure what keys are already used off the top of my head, perhaps
there could be something like Insert W to read words for example or to
change to access different settings for various things ie Braille, Speech,
Magnifier etc you could use Insert B to say get to get up the menus to setup
or access the commands for Braille or have an Insert number to get to each
layer which may be the same as or different to the keyboard layout which is
done in the desktop layout already.
I am only pointing out examples having only heard a demonstration of
Gnopernicus on ACB radio's "Main menu" programme, ACB Radio is an internet
station which has a site at www.acbradio.org