[Hudlug] apt-get and the graphical package manager

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 1 11:02:44 BST 2006

I think apt-get seems fairly straight forward when downloading and
installing programs apart from when you have to add reposotories but
although speech has problems with the graphical package manager it seems
more straight forward for the new Linux user and seems much easier for
upgrading to a later version of Ubuntu.
If I have time to upgrade to Edgy, I might try and see if I can get
Gnucash installed depending on how long it takes to upgrade to Edgy over
the internet.