[Lancaster] radio broadcast archiving / streaming

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 20:37:56 BST 2004

The last week or so, I've been working on setting up a machine for diversity
radio to archive their shows with. Also looking at how to do a net radio
broadcast using peer to peer streaming to reduce bandwidth. They are the
community radio station that is starting broadcasting early october - see
http://www.virtual-lancaster.net/diversity/radio.htm.

I've had a setup working on my machine at home, using ardour / jack as a
multitrack recorder / mixer, together with ices2 / icecast2 to send the
stream to peercast. I've been trying to get this running on the computer they
have there, but it's not stable - ardour is crashing when I try to export a
track. This may be because I decided to use SuSE, which I don't know so well,
as the base system.

I'm not feeling up to getting all this up and running by myself at the moment.
If anyone wants to have a go at setting up a machine to do this, could you
let me know?

andy.

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which