[Lancaster] Software Freedom Day

Kristof Van Laerhoven kristof at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 11:19:49 BST 2005

Hi Ken, all,

 From previous experience with installfests, I think we shouldn't turn
away people that prefer dual-boot installations (which is usually the
majority, but we can try to persuade them once they show up). Key to
getting enough people to show up with their laptops/PCs is to advertise
it as much as possible - we can do posters locally here at the uni, and
perhaps a few places in town?

I think our own computing building would be great as a place to hold
this.. it has all the infrastructure, and Martyn suggested we could even
ask the cafe to open up for the occasion.

Handing out Knoppix is a great idea, and hopefully the Ubuntu CDs have
arrived by September ;)

best,
    Kristof.