[Lancaster] Software Freedom Day

Kristof Van Laerhoven kristof at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Aug 30 11:44:54 BST 2005

Hi all,

It's official now: we're organising an install fest! <yippie>

The venue is booked for the afternoon of Saturday, 10th of September
(which is software freedom day: http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/),

at Infolab21, Lancaster University (http://www.infolab21.lancs.ac.uk/)

The few people that are involved so far cannot do this on their own
though, so any help would be more than welcome:

- does anyone have suggestions? Ken has already mailed several great
ones, additional ideas are well appreciated

- anyone of you that has installed a Linux distro has the expertise to
help out at the event itself (which probably is 99.99% of this list):
please let us know if you can make it, the more the merrier!

- and finally publicity: we will soon (this week) produce posters and
hang them around strategic places in Lancaster, including the campus
here; if you own a window, shop, or pub (hmm..) in town where we could
hang one, send us an email

- if there are any other contributions that you can make: again please
don't hesitate to mail us

best,
     kristof.

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/~kristof