[Lancaster] Meeting 5th November

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 23:47:23 UTC 2008

Gareth Lees wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Wayne – Just a little correction to what I said... I have got a true
> terminal on my iPhone with gcc and python installed. Granted it
> required a little jailbreaking but all in a day’s hacking, also I
> didn’t know you were taking minutes.
>
> As I said to Wayne I thought a once monthly meeting wasn’t enough and
> am proposing another meet tomorrow night if anyone wishes to be there?
> Reason being that interest seems to die down between meetings and
> that’s no fun. I must apologise for not being in the right part of the
> pub but it was the first meeting I could get to (got to Lancaster on
> the 1^st Friday of October) and didn’t know where to be and still don’t!

I won't be able to come tomorrow (I'm going to a play) but could the
week after. I'm basically happy with monthly meetings for the LUG though
- there's only so many evenings people want to spend chatting about
geeky things based on past experience, and last time we tried having
fortnightly meetings it didn't really work.

The project I'd like to get going is to have a weekly evening session at
the Basement under Single Step Wholefoods on Penny Street - if we can
get it, it's free to use provided they think you're a good cause, and
there are already some computers down there and enough space for up to
about 6 people I reckon. The idea would be that rather than just
chatting it would be more based on people working on their own projects
in a shared space, and sharing skills etc. I think having this kind of
focus might work better than trying to make the LUG monthly.

andy