[Lancaster] Meeting 5th November

Wayne Ward wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 00:15:59 UTC 2008

ive got straight root on my android google phone but google have put some
updates out to take it away from me? so i moved the certificates that
authenticate the update so it cant force the update until i find a fix!!!
why take root from me!!! its meant to be open source!!

I said next week because im busy 2morro night and i like to give a bit of
notice to the group members. I have a yes from me next week & andy next week.
Maybe dave if he is back. Weekly might be a bit of a overkill as we would
probably run out of projects and items to talk about! So twice a month at a
stretch may be ok id have to see what other response would be from the other
members - I know ken has to travel so he may not be up for twice a month.
Please can we all comment on this...
My view is ill do twice a month if others are intrested.
I hadnt really taken on board what you said as we are just trying to sort a
project that will be running in town which will run every week which andy is
going to discuss with the group next wednesday which could turn into a weekly
thing. It seems like a good idea to sort it all out then.

Is anybody intrested in meeting gareth 2morro or shall we say next week which
is better for me..

I just got rid of my zaurus sl5000 great little PDA - I had mine dual booting
gpe and opie also had gps running on it and wireless! It was just crap on the
batteries! good little war driver!!!

Glad to see you have the drive for the meetings. Now we are getting access to
the site we can start getting that set up and get the posters done and get the
LUG beefed up - It just takes time to make changes and get everyones opinion
etc but we can start making changes and sorting out meeting nights at the next
meeting when people have had time to digest it.

Back to the optimisation on lancaster computers!!!  agggghhh!!

Ill also have the spec for the dual core pentium i have for sale 2morro ill
post it on here. I also have a mini 1000 for sale if any one is interested!!!

--

Regards,

Wayne Ward

Lancaster Computers