[Lancaster] Meeting 5th November

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 12 13:42:40 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 00:13:11 Wayne Ward wrote:
> ive got straight root on my android google phone but google have put some
> updates out to take it away from me? so i moved the certificates that
> authenticate the update so it cant force the update until i find a fix!!!
> why take root from me!!! its meant to be open source!!
>
> I said next week because im busy 2morro night and i like to give a bit of
> notice to the group members. I have a yes from me next week & andy next
> week. Maybe dave if he is back. Weekly might be a bit of a overkill as we
> would probably run out of projects and items to talk about! So twice a
> month at a stretch may be ok id have to see what other response would be
> from the other members - I know ken has to travel so he may not be up for
> twice a month. Please can we all comment on this...
> My view is ill do twice a month if others are intrested.
> I hadnt really taken on board what you said as we are just trying to sort a
> project that will be running in town which will run every week which andy
> is going to discuss with the group next wednesday which could turn into a
> weekly thing. It seems like a good idea to sort it all out then.
>
> Is anybody intrested in meeting gareth 2morro or shall we say next week
> which is better for me..

I'm happy to keep the pub meetings to once a month, possibly with Andy's
suggestions for the Basement in between times. I feel that if we manage to
build an active nucleus, then this forum can be used to keep things going.

It just needs idiots like me to post something provocative.   :-)

> I just got rid of my zaurus sl5000 great little PDA - I had mine dual
> booting gpe and opie also had gps running on it and wireless! It was just
> crap on the batteries! good little war driver!!!
>
> Glad to see you have the drive for the meetings. Now we are getting access
> to the site we can start getting that set up and get the posters done

A while back, I tried using posters around Kendal (library, etc), but got no
response at all!

> and
> get the LUG beefed up - It just takes time to make changes and get
> everyones opinion etc but we can start making changes and sorting out
> meeting nights at the next meeting when people have had time to digest it.
>
> Back to the optimisation on lancaster computers!!!  agggghhh!!
>
> Ill also have the spec for the dual core pentium i have for sale 2morro ill
> post it on here. I also have a mini 1000 for sale if any one is
> interested!!!

How much RAM does the mini have?   :-)