[Lancaster] Problem with Windows XP (Sorry)

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 9 09:15:38 UTC 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009 18:17:32 Wayne Ward wrote:
> Horrible stuff ken

I agree !!!

> - this is how we do it..
>
> Go to device manager and try and get a list of yellow flagged devices.
> Write them down - you should have - sound - vga - chipset or other...

I've been there. I've (tried to) install the chipset drivers that came with
the mobo, but all to no avail.

> then boot back into debian and and type lspci and this will give you a list
> of devices and the
> version numbers so you might see intel ac97 audio device this is easy to
> solve

As I said, there are no problems under Linux (ie Debian).

> if you give me the lspci list ill try help you - you should have got a disk
> with the mobo

As stated above, I tried to install drivers from the disk which came with the
mobo.

> failing that asus should give driver support - but im certain your looking
> at around 3 drivers maybe
> pretty straight forward let me know the lspci list
>
> windows sucks.

Definitely !!!

See you tonight

Ken Hough