[Lancaster] Next years outline

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Fri Dec 11 20:46:41 UTC 2009

Hi wayne,

Thanks for putting the calendar together. I had a look at the list of
events. You seem to be expecting people to cover an awful lot of ground
in the time available. E.g. you want me to do a workshop in December
covering 7 different subjects, when any one of these could take at least
an hour, which is probably long enough for a demo anyway, given that
most people have limited concentration and we want some drinking time as
well.

Also, I don't see the need to have it organised with beginners going
through to advanced. I would quite like to show people what I have been
doing with the drum pad fairly soon - Jan or Feb, not have to wait until
december to do it. And 3 sessions in a row doing installs at the
beginning seems unnecessary - why not have these scattered through the
year with some other stuff mixed in to liven it up a bit? It seems more
important to me to have a mix of beginners and advanced demos
/throughout/ the year, rather than to have it arranged in this way, when
the new year is only an artificial boundary anyway.

I still think it would be better to wait and see what demos each of the
group members are up for doing as a start, then once people have said
what they would like to show, we could organise them into a schedule.

So, is anyone else up for doing a demo this year, and what would you
like to talk about?

andy