[Lancaster] Next years outline

Wayne Ward wayne at lancasterlug.org.uk
Fri Dec 11 21:22:21 UTC 2009

Im just thinking about the new to linux users currently in the group i
dont thinks its fair to bang some of the newbies with the likes of
headless and kolab server installs!! they wont have a clue!! ha :)
If you look the first one i was going to line up was a ubuntu install
- that takes half hour - half hour or so run over then we can do the
drum demo? or just move the ubunto to the month after and just do the
drum demo in feb ? its easy to move it all along!! :)
If we do a structure and somebody has the urge to put a extra demo on
then why dont we just have that one on a extra night like we did with
your audio demo?
that would make it even more interesting!!!!

now that was a mighty fine vindaloo what did you have....

Wayne :)
On 11 Dec 2009, at 21:12, andy baxter wrote:

> Wayne Ward wrote:
>> No you dont have to do all seven? this is basically for you to
>> pick  what you want to do!!! i know your clever but you would have
>> to be  super brains to do that lot ha ha!!
>>
> OK - that's alright then. :)
>> erm its quite a good run through for new members and new starters
>> really i basically think as a organiser to make it flow through in
>> a  order than it just being random and a mess really - if you look
>> at how  it flows it just flows!! again this is not set in stone
>> this is to get  people to basically to take a look and offer some
>> input.
> I see what you mean but still don't really see why it matters so
> much to have it like this. I would really like to show people what
> I've been doing with the drum pad soon, because I'm enthusiastic
> about it at the moment, not have to wait till the end of the year
> just to fit a schedule. What happens if someone joins half way
> through the year? Do they have to wait till next year to get any
> beginners workshops?
>> Yes pease say now if you are looking at doing a demo so we can get
>> this into the list :)
>>
>> Again please dont take the list i sent as set in stone this is to
>> get  the ball rolling - im just trying to structure it and get input
>> This wont be certain till one we get people to say what they like
>> to  see do
>> Or like andy everybody might not want the structure i have and want
>> to  have it jumbled the more input the better please!! we have
>> till  january to get this sorted :)
>>

> OK.
>> I was looking at getting the projecter funds sorted for the
>> february  meeting...
>> Ive also havent had much feedback on the moorlands?......
>>

> I think it could be OK, as long as we can sort out internet access
> somehow.
>> were is my curry!...
>>

> I've just had my curry!
>
> andy