[Lancaster] DVD ripping software

Dave Smith lists at td-online.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 10:30:45 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 10:28, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> IIRC Handbrake has come up fairly regularly on the Myth TV users list. On
> the other hand, AnyDVD is frequently recommended for it's ability to handle
> stuff that others don't.

Yeh, like I say, I need the benefits of something like AnyDVD on Windows
(otherwise my outputs are just garbled as Handbrake doesn't seem to handle
the decoding process itself) and it does seem to solve any of the
intentionally "broken" discs. Although, for the majority of these, I've
found running them directly in Handbrake (without copying the video_ts
folder out) works just fine.

> The other thing to consider is ... do you want a video file of the main
> feature, or a complete copy of the DVD with menus, extras, etc.

Very good point. I'm a bit blinkered in that regard as I saw the email and
instantly presumed that what would be wanted is the sort of application I
have for it.

Dave