[Lancaster] Hosting - WebFaction

jonath j at jonath.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 21:26:21 UTC 2013

Yeah, I use WebFaction. Fantastic service.

I use them primarily to back-up my photos, but I also use them on my
web-site so that all my photos / videos are served from there, rather
than my rather piddly 1MB/s upload home broadband. I have a few basic
PHP running there as well.

When I was doing my research, there weren't that many companies that
did Linux hosting AND had rsync running, but WebFaction do. See, I'm
backing up my photos on a cron job using rsync and to do that, both
source and destination need rsync installed. But I don't know . . .
you might have you own requirements.

If you take out several years of pre-paid account with WebFaction, you
get a cheaper deal, which is worth bearing in mind.

I dunno. I can't think of anything negative to say about WebFaction.
It just works. That said, I've never messed about with all the
database and web apps they provide; I've never needed to.

jonathan