[Lincs] LLUG Distro

Dave Rice dave at ricey.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 18:31:04 BST 2005

ok, next then....a slimming down,

here is a list of software currently on the CD iso image which, after a
re-do (i deleted the last one!),
stands at about 850Mb.

a full list:

http://www.ricey.co.uk/llugdistro/packages.txt

and a list in reverse size order:

http://www.ricey.co.uk/llugdistro/packages.sized.txt

I've taken the biggest out - openoffice etc, but there is great room for
slimming still.

The uncompressed system is coming in at about 1.3Gb so i dont think we
have to loose too much more
if we want both desktop environments.

As for themeing, i think just a gentle re-branding is in order...some
LLUG icons for menus, a nice
background and a cheerful colour scheme, nothing too in depth tho....we
can always look at a complete
themeing session on LincsLinux v2.0!

I'll take another look at the initial boot pic....if anyone would like
to submit an entry for that pic it needs to be:

no more than 640x480 16 colours and saved in pnm format.

cheers for the support so far

Ricey

Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=69301&t=58>
Get Thunderbird! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=69301&t=180>