[Lincs] Distro

Phillip Taylor Phillip.Taylor at bcs.org.uk
Fri Mar 30 10:11:04 BST 2007

If you make a distro based on Gentoo with precompiled binaries etc
then aren't you taking away that flexability? And since you don't know
how users will use this distribution do you limit them to a tiny set
of packages (to save space) or do you concede that "less room" isn't
really that important if you do want to give people flexability?

The power of Gentoo is compiling your own machine specific code. If
you make a distribution CD for someone else they lose that benefit.

I can't help but think that perhaps your justification for the choice
isn't that well thought out. Have I missed something?