[Liverpool] Troutwars from LXF

Daniel Hulme lpool-lug at istic.org
Sat Feb 26 16:59:46 GMT 2005

> I've noticed a series of articles in LXF for using SDL on a game
> called Troutwars. Now, as I can't afford 6.50 per back issue (on
> goodness knows how many issues!), does anyone know of a way to get
> copies of *just* the articles? (I'm not adverse to photocopies and
> will pay for the copying cost).
No idea, but a less morally objectionable alternative is Programming
Linux Games. This is a book written by someone from Loki Software before
they went under, and is available both in dead tree format and as a PDF
online (plus tar file with the contents of the included CD). It
focuses quite heavily on SDL, using a space shoot-em-up as a
running example, but covers a bit of OpenAL etc. too. Google should find
it for you; otherwise I have a copy I can send to you.

Happy hacking,
Daniel

--
I went to the CO guess what he told me guess what he told me | apologies
He said  boy u better learn to like Win  no matter what u do | to Prince