[Liverpool] Cable internet provider on liverpool?

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Sat Aug 26 09:08:15 BST 2006

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:51:09 +0100, Omar Baqueiro wrote:

> However, I have seen that a lot of ISPs require a BT line (for ASDL
> services). I know that Telewest provides cable internet service, but
> unfortunately the service is not available for my area (can you
> believe it, I live something 5 blocks from the Univ. of Liverpool). So
> my question is if there is any other cable internet provider or
> another option that does not requires a landline.

I think you're out of luck as far as broadband is concerned. The cable
companies run a monopoly, one provider per area, so in Liverpool it's
Telewest only. Sky do a broadband service but their web site is lacking
in any details. The picture of the kit appears to contain ADSL splitters,
so I suspect it is an ADSL based service.

--
Neil Bothwick

How do a fool and his money GET together?