[Liverpool] proprietary formats @ liverpool uni

Scott Brimin scott.brimin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:42:09 GMT 2008

I would have suggested using hell fire, eternal damnation and foul
language. But then that's flippant and I would be only half serious.

However, this has brought up an interesting topic about proprietary
formats and open formats.

I wonder if we (LLUG) can agree on formats that can be easily used on
Windows/'nix/mac's for various purposes. For example, it can be said
that a news article should be distributed in a unicode text file. This
way the users of various platforms can read it. Now I'm not saying that
I agree with the example but what does LLUG recommend as cross-platform
formats for the various purposes?

Ready, set, discuss...